At Bresser's, our goal is to provide the best possible support for our products and services.
As a customer, if you are having a problem or have questions on the use or functions of our products, please feel free to contact us for support. You can also access the Tech Support Library section of our website for tutorials on our Criss+Cross Plus® CD-ROM product.
Please note that our Tech Support Team is limited to handling questions about our products only. We cannot guarantee help with other software applications.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm Eastern
Phone: (800) 878-3333
Tech Support Library
We understand that not everyone is a "computer wizard". If you are experiencing difficulties, or have questions about Criss+Cross Plus, we're here to help. Below is a list of frequently asked questions and provided answers for them. There are also "self-help" tutorials, with each question, that will help guide you through the process. If you do not find the answers to your questions here, Bresser's Information Service offers FREE technical support for Criss+Cross Plus customers. Our Technical support team is available to assist you Monday thru Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:30p.m. EST. They may be reached by calling toll-free (800) 878-3333 or by emailing us.
- Do you know someone"s last name, but nothing else?
- You know the last name, but need to know the first name as well. You know the person"s name but no other pertinent information, like address or phone number. You are unsure of the last name spelling and need to browse through many listings of "close" spellings. You"re curious, for example, to find all other "Smith"s" in your coverage area. Select "Search" from the menu line, then select "by Name". Fill in the person"s last name or business name on the "Last Name" line. Click here to view a"Name Search" demonstration
- How can I find the occupant name and telephone number of a specific address?
- You need to browse through listings on an entire street. You know an address but need more detailed information, such as name, phone number, zip code, census tract, years at address, or whether the listing is a homeowner. You want to see the breakdown of number of businesses versus residences on a given street. You have a customer on a street and want to view information about nearby addresses. You want to market to homes on a street based on "year first listed" or "wealth code". Select "Search" from the menu line, then select "by Address". Input the street name and house number on the respective line of the search window. Hint: Start by inputting the street name, without the directionals or designators (st, ave, etc.) and click on the button on far right side of the street name line. This will give you a window that contains all of the streets that include the search name in the database, including community name and zip code, to help with your search. Click here to view an "Address Search" demonstration.
- Can I create a mailing list by zip code?
- You want to mail to a specific zip code or organize door-to-door canvassing based on zip codes. You want to check the zip+4s on a particular street. You need to limit your search to a particular zip code. You want to find all records in a particular zip code based on "year listed" or "wealth code" or other demographic selection. Select "Search" from the menu line, then select "by Zip Code" and enter the zip code you would like to search through. Click here to view a "Zip Code Search" demonstration.
- What zip codes does my Criss Cross Plus cover?
- Need to find all of the Zip Codes available on your CD-Rom?Use our"Green Zip Code Page" to view this information quickly. Select "Help" from the menu line, then select "Green Zip Code Page". The zip codes will load into a new window and list by zip code and by community the coverage. Click here to view a "Green Zip Code Page" demonstration.
- How can I find out the address of a telephone number?
- You know a phone number and want to know to whom the phone number belongs, along with the listing's address. You want to print a list of numbers arranged by area code and phone exchange. You want to view or print a list of phone number but limit your search by "year listed" or "wealth codes". You want to print out a list excluding records with unlisted phone numbers. Select "Search" from the menu line, then select "by Phone" and enter the phone number you would like to search. Click here to view a "Phone Search" demonstration.
- Can I search by multiple selections?
- To include two or more of the above searches, select the "All" search. For example, if you want to search for all records with the last name "Smith" in area code "313", you perform this search in the "All" search. Select "Search" from the menu line, then select "All Search" and input the information you have available in the search window. Click here to view an "All Search" demonstration
- What other demographic selections are available to me?
- The demographic information has been compiled using public information gathered from the 2000 census. Selections made represent the demographic make up of "census blocks" (approx 10-30 households) that have been identified by the census bureau. Information provided by the census bureau does not allow you to select individual households based on demographic features, however, based on percentages of households within that census block that have been identified as having specific demographic traits. Select "Search" from the menu line, then select "by Census". Make your demographic selections in the search window. Click here to view a "Demographic Search" demonstration
- Can I select businesses by SIC Codes?
- If you have a specific industry to target you may consider the SIC Code search. You may sort your choices by numeric code or alphabetically by it's description. Then you can select to search by SIC code, SIC description, SIC major categories, or any combination of these. You may select also narrow your search by zip code, wealth rating and year list. Select "Search" from the menu line, then select "by SIC Code" and enter the SIC code you would like to search for. Click here to view an "SIC Code Search" demonstration
- Why do I have to tag records?
- Tagging records allows Criss+Cross Plus to understand which records you want to print, export, or map. There are several ways to perform this depending on the quantity you need to select. Click here to view a "Tagging Records" demonstration.
- Can I create a list of neighbors at a job site?
- To view all the records on the street of a particular address, you can use the nearby option. A nearby search can be performed after any of the above search options. Tag the record you would like to search by and right mouse click in the search window. Select "Nearby" and the search will return all of the records on the street the original record was listed. The original record will be in the house number order on the street. Click here to view a "Nearby Search" demonstration
- How do I perform a radius search around an existing customer?
- Tag any record and quickly receive a list of ALL Record within a desired radius (ranging from 0.10 to 20.0 miles)around the record. Plus, you can view the location of records found during your radius search on a map. Tag the record you would like to do a radius around, select "Search" from the menu line, and then select "Radius". A new search window will open to select the radius distance and record type. You can also filter the search by "Year Listed" or "Wealth Code". Click here to view a "Radius Search" demonstration
- How do I import the state or federal do-not-call list?
- Criss+Cross now has a text import utility to assist you with complying with the state and federal telemarketing laws. This utility is composed of eight simple steps that will flat do-not-call records as such for viewing, printing, and exporting. These records can be included or excluded as necessary after importing. Click here to view a "DNC Import" demonstration
- Can I Map listings?
- Yes! Criss+Cross Plus has mapping features that can assist you. You have the ability to zoom in, zoom out, and pan the maps.Now you can also customize the maps by adding images and custom text. Tag the record(s) you would like to map and click on the "Map"button (Globe with magnifying glass). A maximum of 1,000 records can be mapped at a time. Click here to view a "Mapping" demonstration
- Can I export the data to a file?
- Criss+Cross Plus data can be exported into a text file format to be printed from other software or imported into spreads or databases. It may also be mail merged into a document or labels. Once you have tagged the records you would like to export, select "File" from the menu line, then select "Export". You can select the data elements and output format you would like, and further filter the data being exported. The standard output format is a text format. The maximum number of records you can export is 3,500 at a time. Click here to view an "Exporting" demonstration
- What type of layout can I print using Criss Cross Plus?
- To meet your all of your mailing needs, you may choose to print on labels, post cards, envelopes. Labels are available to print in a variety of commonly used layouts. Adding an image to post cards is as simple as selecting the image. There is also a custom listing option that will allow you to print user-selected fields as a list. Click here to view a "Printing" demonstration